Rocco Basile is pleased to announce the first Rocco Basile Giving Documentary Photography Scholarship. The scholarship is meant to encourage personal involvement in social issues and promote socially conscious documentary photography. One student will be chosen to receive a $1,000 scholarship to be applied to their higher learning education.
Short Essay and Photo
To apply, please answer the following question:
How can the power of photography change the world?
Please also include one photograph you have taken that best exemplifies this scholarship to you.
Applicants do not have to be pursuing a photography degree, nor have to be experts. We’re looking for students who will be inspired by the prompt and perhaps even continue photography and an interest in social consciousness long after they’ve submitted their application.
Terms and Conditions for Entry
- Complete the short essay prompt and fill out each section of the form below to be eligible
- The short essay should be at least 300 words long
- Include one photo, film or digital, in .pdf, .doc, .docx, .png, or .jpeg format. Please upload to Imgur.com or a similar image hosting site and include the link in the designated field on the application.
- Eligibility information is as follows:
- High school students graduating this calendar year and have been accepted into a college, university, trade school, or design school.
- Students currently enrolled in a college, university, trade school, or design school.
- All majors and areas of studies are encouraged to apply
- If chosen, you will need to be able provide proof of enrollment in your chosen college or university
- By submitting an application, the applicant gives Rocco Basile consent to use their essay, photo, name and information for marketing and promotional purposes. The winner will have their essay and photo featured on the Rocco Basile Giving website!
March 1, 2018
One winner will be selected in early March, 2018. The winner will be contacted after selection. If the winner does not respond, a new winner will be selected.